When will I receive my license key?
License keys are sent to the email address you used during checkout usually within 3 minutes of your purchase confirmation. You may also retrieve it using our license key retrieval page.
Can I use Stuff Organizer for more than one residence?
Yes. For each new residence, simply create a new data file using the menu File --> New... Select the location where you would like to save the data file. To open the file again later, use the menu option File --> Open, or double-click the file you created to open it.
Can I export a Stuff Organizer report to another format?
Yes. Stuff Organizer supports several export formats. To export a report, open the report and then choose File --> Export Document, and select from: pdf, html, txt, csv, Excel, MHT, Rich Text, or Graphic.
How can I backup the Stuff Organizer database?
Use the menu option: File --> Backup to file...
This option will create a compressed backup file containing all of your stuff inventory data and pictures in a single file with extension .sok. You may save the backup file to your computer or to a flash drive. If you would like to save it to a CD, first save the backup file to your computer, then copy it to CD. To restore the data and pictures from this file, use the menu option File --> Restore from backup file...
How does the drag and drop interface work?
Stuff Organizer supports three different drag and drop operations to make it easier to get your inventory started and get it organized.
To create new inventory items for your existing pictures automatically:
1) Open the folder on your computer that contains your picture files (for example, "My Pictures").
2) Select the pictures you want to add as new inventory items.
3) Drag and drop the pictures you've selected to the Inventory List View in Stuff Organizer.
4) The pictures will be imported as new records, and then you can update the details for each item.
To add a new picture to an existing inventory item:
1) Select the inventory item in the Inventory List View in Stuff Organizer.
2) Open the folder on your computer that contains the picture file you would like to add.
3) Drag and drop the picture file to the Picture control in Stuff Organizer.
To change the category or location for groups of inventory items:
1) Select the inventory items in the Inventory List View in Stuff Organizer.
2) Drag the inventory items to the new Location or Category displayed in the list view on the far left side of the Stuff Organizer window.
Does Stuff Organizer work on Windows 10?
Yes. Stuff Organizer is compatible with Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 7, 8, and 10.
Does Stuff Organizer work on a Mac?
No sorry. Stuff Organizer requires Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 7, 8, or 10.
How do I uninstall the software?
1. Open the Windows Control Panel
2. Select Programs and Features
3. Select the program in the list and then click "Uninstall"